• Guoping Jia's works incorporate the use of Chinese traditional instruments
• His music displays a beauty that has a lot to do with emptiness, restraint and delicacy
• 1980-84 studies at the Shanxi Jin Opera Academy in Taiyuan
• 1984-87 head of the music department at the House of Culture in Luliang
• 1987-91 composition studies at the Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing, where he taught harmony and composition from 1991
• 1994-98 DAAD scholarship in Stuttgart and composition studies with Helmut Lachenmann
• Professor of Composition and analysis of new music at the Central Conservatory of Music in Beijing since September 1998.
Works by Guoping Jia include:
Kalaviuka for orchestra (2012)
Liu Yun for Pipa, Sheng and ensemble (2015)
Diaspora for ensemble (2017)
Works by Guoping Jia are published by Boosey & Hawkes / Sikorski.